Monday, March 14, 2011

The Great Outdoors!




Pepper L-O-V-E-S hunting for bugs. She removed 19 worms out of a puddle and put them back in the dirt. She is very careful with them and they are usually rescued unharmed. On the other hand Tabor found a worm and it did not survive. Bugs better look out when Tabor is around! Pepper has also found a plethera of spiders. Just think once summer hits Pepper will be in bug heaven. I decided to take this "exploring" one step farther by having a preschool lesson about something in nature and then go outside and experience it. Her birthday is on wednesday and her first lesson will be on thursday. I opened up a new blog just for preschool. If you see a link called "toddlers in nature" you found it. We are going to talk about weather, where food comes from, bugs, bodies of water, 5 senses, trees, rocks, birds and so on. When we did all the colors (when she was 18 months) she did great! And still has them all memorized. So hopefully she soaks this up aswell. And Tabor is going to join us on our adventures.

1 comment:

Heather Curtis said...

Let me just say that you can't blame Tabor for his bug killing- that is his father's genes through and through. Hopefully he is not quite as bad and makes the deaths quick. And Pepper's butt is hilarious in that one picture. You just have to let them be dirty so they can have fun... I love it. I wish I were there with my kids for your preschool lessons. I miss you all!