
I grew up in the Seattle area, I like the rain. Not this year. It is June 9 and other then a sunny day here and another couple of sunny days again 2 weeks later all we have seen is wet. In church on Sunday we had to name reasons we like the rain such as it brings lushness, easier to pull weeds, keeps allergens down, we never worry about a
drought, kids get to stomp through puddles and it smells good. This kept me optimistic throughout the sabbath but when week days came and I couldn't send my kids in the backyard I found myself being a
pessimist. Mornings have been especially wet. Sometimes mere overcast allows us to dry off the slide in the afternoon and spend an hour out there. But for the mornings we are still coloring, reading books and doing puzzles.
1 comment:
Summer never seems to start in Sammamish until after the 4th of July :) Then it will be gorgeous. Summers in Seattle are my favorite thing ever!
Post a Comment