Tuesday, May 29, 2012

nursing



I claim to be a healthy person.  Someone who eats whole foods.  So naturally I believe in breastfeeding.  But it seriously stresses me out.  I reach a point where I feel like my milk supply is not keeping up with my child's appetite.  My visiting teacher is a lactation specialist and has helped me along.  I was drinking mothers tea, eating oatmeal for breakfast and trying to pump when I could (hard to find the time between my 3 kids).  Kitt was still fussy so I started supplementing with a bottle, which of course lowers your milk supply even more.  So I will just spit it out.... I quit nursing almost a week ago.  I am kind of disappointed in myself.  But hey, no matter what she is eating she is still beautiful!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

OH, I know how you feel. I nursed my oldest until she was 18months, so when my milk production seemed low with my second and I started giving her a bottle at 6 months, I felt the same way. And then she preferred the freedom of the bottle over me. I felt like I had failed, I felt guilty. Yes Breast is best. BUT don't let that make you feel like a bad mom. YOU ARE NOT. You are a great mom and your baby is getting all that she needs. I know there are hard core breastfeeding mom's out there that will disagree with me. But I have come to the conclusion that I don't care anymore. My babies were all healthy and still are healthy kids. They rarely get sick. Don't be disappointed.

kat reynolds said...

I feel the same way. I was never a fan of nursing. But now that I'm done having kids I miss it. I love babies! kit is super cute