I am a firm believer that kids should be outdoors. Not just on a soccer field or going down a slide, but in places that men have not tampered with. Places they can observe bugs and animals, pick berries and collect sticks. Directly across the street from our house is a trail through the forest. We visit it daily. Tabor begs to visit it two or three times a day. It is where kids want to be. These pictures are in my grandma's backyard. She has the highest house on the mountain so her backyard is never ending. As kids we would take hikes back there. It is a haven for me. Somewhere I can forget the worries of everyday life. I love it. I also love farms. I probably should have been born 50+ years ago. Forest and farms were certainly easier to find back then.
1 comment:
I LOVE this!! You are soooo very right about the outdoors....that brought back a TON of memories of growing up and spending more time exploring and climbing and just playing outdoors than in. Ahhhh....I wish I was a kid again!! Mortgages really do make you stay inside way too much as an adult!!
Post a Comment