Tuesday, October 9, 2012

science club- dinosaurs




Pepper is not going to preschool this year, so I decided to create a "preschool science club" at our house.  We had 10 kids come over.  We talked about how dinosaurs hatch from eggs and what type of food they ate.  We fed the big green triceratops (top picture).  The triceratops moves its head around and chews... the kids LOVED it.  Then we talked about how herbivores protected themselves from carnivores.  I gave them clothes pins to color and we stuck them on the back of a stegosaurus (as spikes) to protect it from the T-Rex.   We read a book about dinosaur bones.  Next we became paleontologists and went outside to dig.  We ended by putting "dinosaur eggs" on a parachute and flinging them up in the air.  Okay it was a stretch, but I wanted to use the parachute before the weather turned to rain.  There was so much going on during the "science club" that I forgot to take photos.  So all of these pictures are of after the fact.  Tabor was happy to dig up his dinosaur bones again.

No comments: