We have done a little "Science Preschool" 3 times now. Each time it gets better. The kids are figuring out the routine. As they arrive I have coloring pages out on the table. They color as people trickle in. To start off class we categorize the pictures they have colored. For example: with weather I had umbrellas, sunglasses, kites, puddles, mittens etc. and we put them in the rain, sun, wind or snow categories. This time I put coloring pages of doorknobs, food, playground, teddy bears etc. and we categorized them into what had GERMS and what didn't. They were surprised to see everything had GERMS on it. We talked of ways to fight germs. The kids were very inquisitive. It went really well. The two books I read were fabulous. Next I had them dip their hand in cinnamon/olive oil mix. I had them wash their hands without soap. The flecks of cinnamon were still visible. So we fixed that by washing it off using soap (cinnamon symbolizing germs). With clean hands we were ready for snack. When the carrots were gone we wiped off the table with disinfectant wipes, and started on our play-dough germs. We ended the day by playing "germ, germ, soap" aka "duck, duck, goose".
2 comments:
Amber you are amazing! I don't know how you do it!!!! Come live by me and teach my kids will ya! Hugs
You're a lot like your mom, you're really the bomb! You're Amber!
Seriously though, that looks fantastic. I wish I could have sent my kids. You are the bomb!
Post a Comment