Monday, May 5, 2014
Bahama Cruise
It has been a long time since we blogged. Our main excuse has been that our camera has been having issues, but we got new camera right before our cruise to the Bahamas, so now we just need to catch everyone up. We went on a 7 day cruise with two of Robert's siblings, cousin and some friends of Robert's brother. So there ended up being 6 couples and no kids! However, I have to admit that I had a little bit of anxiety leaving the kids so long, since we have never done that before.
I really don't know where to start. We ate so much food and enjoyed all the amenities that the ship had to offer. We attended many of the nightly shows, spend time lounging around the pool, enjoyed our offshore excursions in the Bahamas and our one stop in Florida.
Our only negative experience was getting woken up early Easter Morning to a rocking ship. We hit some stormy weather and the ship was really moving. There were a lot of people on-board getting sick and I definitely was feeling it being 20 weeks pregnant. Luckily it passed later that afternoon and we had smooth sailing the rest of the time.
After that one rough morning, I was ecstatic to get off at our first stop in Florida. However, even most of the shops we explored in Port Canaveral seemed to rock a bit. I turned to Robert in one of the shops and said "do you feel like we are moving?" Snorkeling was definitely a highlight and we were able to use our underwater camera which made it that much more fun. Robert enjoyed posing for the pictures on sandy bottom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment