Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Years Eve!






My family has this tradition where we start off the New Years by toasting with sparkling cider, then jumping into Lake Sammamish. Afterwards everyone runs to shore to drink hot chocolate and stand around the fire. This year there was a little snow left on the ground so those 20 people who went in were quite brave. It was very cold. Robert, James and Tanner proved how manly they were by swimming around the bouie. I used being pregnant as an excuse to stay out of the and take pictures. This year we ended the night with Brady (my cousin) and Tanner (my brother) setting of a couple fireworks.

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

So FUN. Or CRAZY!!! talk about shock! lol Happy New Years! YEah you have Skype. We need to skype sometime!

Steph said...

Looks like you guys had a fun time! I wouldnt be jumping in the water pregnant either! Did you ever send me your e-mail so i could send you an invite to my blog? I have a bad memory. If not my e-mail is stephymommy@gmail.com!

kat reynolds said...

I miss you fun and crazy guys! That is one tradition I could never be a part of. Two things I hate; being cold and getting wet. Reese even has to beg me to get in a hot jacuzzi.