Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Pre Preschool




Since school started for Robert I have been doing preschool lessons with Pepper twice a week. On bug day we went on a bug hunt. We found ladybug, ant, worm, spider fly and grasshopper. We caught the grasshopper in a jar so she could examine it closer (notice the picture). We also read " The Lovely Ladybug" & "Buzz Buzz went the Bee". Then she put a whole bunch of bug stickers on a piece of paper. We finished by feeding crickets to our frog. For "tree day" we went outside and found a leaf from several different trees and then glued them on to a trunk on a paper. Additionally we read "Franklin Plants a Tree" and talked about how trees start out as seeds and grow into big big trees. (P.S. "big" is one of the words Pepper can say). We have now started the five senses. We have done taste and touch so far. Art and books with each. Next is I see. I am excited we are going to use glasses, binoculars, magnifying glass etc. I tried teaching her colors a few months ago but that was more of a struggle. She now is eager to learn and very cooperative. We will have to hit the colors again (we only did 3 colors, but she does know which one is yellow) now that she is understanding more.

2 comments:

Katie Sterling said...

WOW Amber! Best Mom ever award to you...want to raise my girls and I'll just watch = ). Miss you!

Heather Curtis said...

I hope whatever Pep has on that sponge paint stick is edible. And what is that crazy creation with the pipe cleaners? It looks fun. Now you just need to invite me and Korv.