This week started out fabulous. We spent the week TV-less... we were busy doing other things like watercolors, berry picking, window washing, feeding the ducks, visiting the park, matching card games, jumping on the trampoline, reading books, baking etc. etc. I have been patient and energetic. Last night I was thinking over the week and feeling a little prideful about my mothering... and then the pride cycle hit. I woke up to pouring rain & grumpy children. Pepper and Tabor were clinging to my legs and the whining wouldn't stop. They both wanted to sit on my lap during breakfast and I had to spoon feed them both. The day went on and things did not much improve. At noon I finally decided to turn on the TV for the kids so I could feed Kitt and start on the laundry. I hear screaming so I walk out to the playroom and they are fighting over our hamster. I saved the hamsters life and started to yell at the kids. I had had it. Then the doorbell rings. I gained my composure and answered the door. It was a friend dropping off a birthday invitation for Pepper. She said "I was not sure if you were home" as if she hadn't heard me yelling 30 seconds earlier. Both the house and I looked like a wreck. It was God reminding me that I do need His help all day, everyday. It was very humbling. But it was a turning point in our day. It was just enough for us to change all of our moods to a happier one. God sent her at the perfect time.
2 comments:
A friend of mine left me a voicemail recently & forgot to hang up after the message & she was so quiet & patient with her kids (is it awkward that I kept listening?). I feel like all I ever do is say no & tell cecily not to do stuff all the time.
There are definitely the bad days and the better days. But through all the chaos and madness, thankfully there are the good parts of each day where I just can't believe how incredibly blessed I am. And when you think of your blessings, you start to see how God is pouring out His tender mercies in your life. You are an amazing mother! You inspire me and I'm grateful for your humble reminder of our dependence on God. We surely can't do it alone... especially mothers. I love you!
Post a Comment