This year we bought 125 pounds (5 boxes) of peaches and 50 pounds (2 boxes) of pears. We have dedicated 3 nights in the past couple of weeks to canning. I did one batch in the day, while the kids were awake. Pepper brought the pears in from the garage (one at a time to keep her occupied), Tabor put them into the cans after I had peeled and sliced them and Kitt sat in her highchair and ate scraps. It went okay, but it was a one time wonder. Canning with Robert after the kids go to bed is loads easier. Next year maybe we will expand our horizons and can some vegetables. (meat in a can looks nasty to me, I am not ready to go there yet)
1 comment:
you are awesome. Canning is one of those things I wish I did but never do.
Post a Comment