Saturday, January 26, 2013

Adaption. Migration. Hibernation.




I did our little preschool on "Animals in Winter Time".  For adaption we played a game where each child got to hide a nut and then the squirrels (other children) would come looking for it.  Then we made bird feeders by rolling a pine cone covered with peanut-butter in birdseed.  For migration we formed a V like geese and practiced "flying" in that formation.  We also read a book about whales migrating.  For hibernation we read "The Bear Snores On" and "Where Does Bear Go?"  I gave them a coloring page with a sleeping bear on it.  Their job was to make a nice warm cave for the bear.  Pepper glued grey circles (rocks) all around her bear.  Lastly, we taped animals onto a poster (that Pepper & I painted previously) into their proper homes.  I love how my kids always get excited for "preschool"... it makes me excited to prepare things for them.

1 comment:

Linda J said...

I want to come and play at your house, you are always doing such creative, fun things. You are such a good mom!